If you read the section on aPlea to Spay and Neuter, that might be all you need to see why it is so important to rescue your pet. While many think a rescued dog is a misbehaved dog, many more realize that their rescue dog has been one of the best dogs they have ever owned. Many more times a dog is in a shelter or a rescue because the previous owner did not do their homework upon getting the dog. They didn’t realize the time it takes to properly care for the dog or puppy. They may also not have realized that the dog barks, chews, or sheds. All dogs have certain personality traits and some do things that can annoy less tolerant humans. We encourage all who want to adopt a lab to read and educate yourselves on the characteristics of a lab. The section above titled Labs has a funny, but educational read regarding labs and their personalities. Most behavioral related issues with labs are easily stopped or lessened with training. Many people also take in a dog as a spur of the moment type thing or because the dog is cute, not thinking long term commitment. So their lives change, the dog is not included, and the dog goes to the shelter! Can you think of a more selfish or sad thing to do? I love you, you're so cute... now I don't have time for you?
Not all rescue dogs are necessarily high needs or high maintenence. They are the products of irresponsible people. Even if you don't adopt from us, we urge you to adopt an animal. There are so many that need to be rescued! A dog is a long term companion, they become part of your family. Most dogs are so eager to please you becasue they just want what they only know how to give....UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. All it takes is to step foot in any shelter any where in the country and realize how many of those adorable faces just ready to give their life to love you are unfortunately not going to get the chance to do that. Their life will be cut short because there are too many dogs in this world, and too many people are misinformed on rescue dogs, and end up buying from a breeder. Rescued dogs appreciate what you’ve done for them and you will feel that when they look at you.
The general public is likely not aware of how doomed black dogs are when they are brought to the average animal shelter. Black dogs, particularly large black dogs like Labradors or Lab mixes, have a very difficult time getting adopted, and are euthanized at a staggering rate at many animal control facilities throughout the country. The sad truth is, they are overlooked in favor of lighter colored dogs.
TOP TEN REASONS TO ADOPT A BLACK DOG
10. BLACK DOGS ARE EASY TO FIND IN THE SNOW
9. BLACK DOGS ABSORB HEAT... PERFECT FOR COZYING UP TO ON A COLD WINTER NIGHT.
8. A BLACK DOG CAN MAKE YOU APPEAR THINNER
7. BLACK DOGS EXCEL AT NIGHT TIME GAMES OF HIDE AND SEEK
6. BLACK DOGS NEVER LOOK DIRTY
5. BLACK GOES WITH EVERYTHING SO YOUR BLACK DOG WILL ALWAYS BE COORDINATED WITH ALL OF YOUR OUTFITS.
4. A BLACK DOG ALWAYS LOOKS PRESENTABLE ON ANY FORMAL OCCASION.
3. BLACK IS A COMBINATION OF EVERY COLOR IN THE SPECTRUM, SO YOU WILL ACTUALLY HAVE A DOG WHO IS BLUE, GREEN, RED, ETC.,
2. BLACK DOG HAIR BECOMES INVISIBLE WHEN STUCK TO YOUR GOOD BLACK WOOL COAT.
1. REASON TO ADOPT A BLACK DOG ... A BLACK DOG IS JUST AS LOVING, LOYAL AND TRUST WORTHY AS A WHITE, BROWN OR YELLOW DOG!